Mandatory Tryouts Required at Nassau County Aquatic Center in Eisenhower Park
Ages 10 and Under
Wednesday, Nov. 14
7:30 PM – 8:30 PM
Ages 11 and Over
Thursday, Nov. 15
7:30 PM – 8:30 PM
Extra (If you have a Conflict)
Wednesday, Nov 28th
Welcome to the St Aidan’s 2018-2019 CYO Swim Team.
Keep in mind that we are a swim team, not a swim school. All swimmers must demonstrate an understanding of all four strokes (freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke, butterfly). We use benchmark times for all four strokes to determine who will make the team. .
The success of the team depends on the participation of every swimmer and the families who support their effort all season. The basic procedures to follow are:
1. The practice schedule is as follows:
- Ages 10 & under practice on Wednesday and Saturday from 6 to 7 pm.
- Ages 11 and older practice on Wednesday from 7 to 8 pm and on Saturday from 5 to 6 pm. (no practice during school vacations and when Chaminade is closed)
2. Swimmers are expected to be on deck ready to swim 15 minutes before the start of the practice and meets. Goggles and bathing caps are required. If you know that you will not be able to attend a particular practice or meet you must contact Peter, Jack, or John in advance, at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Swimmers are expected to listen and not talk during instruction. Clowning around or other dangerous behavior is disruptive and will not be tolerated.
4. Swim meet location and times will be announced in advance. Please check the postings on the window of the swim office at the Chaminade pool for any updates to the meet schedule and directions.
5. Due to the large number of swimmers, not all swimmers will be swimming in all meets. Everyone will be scheduled for at least four meets. If you are scheduled to swim in a meet, YOUR ATTENDANCE IS MANDATORY. Please let us know IMMEDIATELY if there is a conflict with any of the dates. In addition, if you are LATE for a swim meet, YOU WILL BE TAKEN OUT OF THE MEET.
6. All swimmers must stay on the deck with the team for the entire meet.
7. No parents are permitted on the pool deck at any time.
8. Do not park on or drive up the Chaminade driveway.
9. All swimmers must wear a St. Aidan’s swimsuit and St. Aidan’s (SAS) swim cap or other appropriate suit that does not have another team’s logo on it.
10. NO JEWELRY is permitted at any time.
11. Your success is measured by how hard you work and how much you improve during the year. If you work hard and approach practice with the proper attitude, you will have a pleasurable experience for yourself and contribute to the success of your team.
12. Be Courteous to your fellow swimmers. Let faster swimmers go ahead.
13. Learn from your coaches as well as your fellow swimmers. If you have questions or do not fully understand a particular technique, ask for assistance.
14. Remember, we are all volunteers who are doing our best to accommodate all of your children. Please help us to continue this great tradition.
15. Home swim meets will be run differently than prior years due to overcrowding at the Chaminade pool. Details to follow.
– The Coaching Staff
Swimming for boys and girls grades 1-12
Coordinators: Peter Brala, Jack Sommese, and John Conway